Friday, October 5, 2012

Survey Says...Day #6

Why did you choose to participate in this project? Were your reasons political or personal?

  1. Personal
  2. personal,our bodies are never political,unless we start being told waht to do or not to do with them.Grrr
  3. perhaps i could get some feedback, perhaps I'm wrong, and i am really a beautiful 53 year old man
  4. My reasons are personal and very private but involve me taking back the night this way too. Thank-you!
  5. I believe that girls and boys alike should grow up with realistic and healthy ideas about what their bodies should look like, as well as how to remain healthy (eating habits, exercise, etc.).
  6. Personal. I wanted to celebrate the way I felt about my body. It was extremely liberating and thrilling to me to see those pictures of me for everyone to see, even if they don't know who I am. And they are a good reminder to me that there was a point, and there will be another that I will feel that good about my body.
  7. Personal and political. I love your blog in that it shows people what every day people look like. We have become so highly sensitized to Hollywood bodies that we don't know what normal looks like.
  8. i came across your site through thisisawoman and though I'd put my 2 cents in.
  9. personal I thought it would be interesting. I have just found your blog and in wonder why more people cannot accept themselves as they are and accept being au natural
  10. Up until a few days ago when I seen this website, I have never seen more than 2 people who were "normal" even my mother has been telling me to go on a diet. I think I am beautiful, I know that I am beautiful. I have been trying to accept myself the way that I am, and be healthier. NO, that does NOT mean getting SKINNIER. That means eating RIGHT and loving myself. Being happy, etc. My mother has lost a significant amount of weight, and she tries to shove it on me also. Says I should eat this, because it is only 100 calories a serving. I personally do not think that eating a 100 calorie breakfast, consisting of only seeds, is healthy. You need to feed your body, you need to be happy with your body. If I could, I would show every woman, or girl out there that not everybody is perfect. People describe me as stunning, beautiful, I've been told that I am the definition of beauty. You look at my face and that is what you see - I bet, most women think that under my clothes are perfect boobs, and a clean stomach... want to know the reality? One boob slouches more than the other, they're very oblong looking in my opinion. I've got random black hairs on my chest/boobs (****like a lot of women do*****) I have two tires, one around my ribs, and one at my hips... they're very unattractive, and large. I have cellulite on my butt, my thighs, stretch marks, you name it. If a picture of my body, and face would change the way people think... I would probably do it. I would like to change the way someone thought about their body, for the good.
  11. Personal...might help writing the truth ?
  12. I chose to participate for personal reasons... just last night, I came across The Shape Of A Mother. that led me here..
  13. No, I like Gabby who has a pretty cool idea for a site. This is just an easy way to maybe give her a little bump. Safety in numbers!
  14. Personal.. I was having a particularly "bad body" day, and I wanted to do something to snap out of it.
  15. I didn't know there could be a political reason. I just like human bodies. It's natural.
  16. I just wanted to be able to say "I posed naked and looked damn good doing it!". After reading this blog, I am so happy that it's going to a good cause.
  17. I'm trying to get more comfortable with my naked body! Also, I really fell in love with the idea of the project. It's very liberating and refreshing, seeing all these pictures on the website of men and women who look NOTHING like the people you see in magazines! It really makes me feel good about myself seeing how the rest of the world looks naked, because it helps me remember that all our bodies are quirky and wonderful in their own ways
  18. Personal: as an artist myself, I have been exploring the mature male body as an object of residual power and beauty.
  19. I have always wanted to be naked on the internet, haha, but also I thought it was important to embrace myself and say "this body is fine right now"... I had made excuses for a while while secretly hoping to be in better shape at the time, but finally realized it had to be then, no matter how I felt.
  20. The political is personal when you're a woman And I wanted to feel pretty
  21. It was a challenge to myself to see if I could actually just show my body to a stranger without cringing away because I feel fat. I did it and it felt great!
  22. I participated as a mark of defiance against a world where a girl isn't allowed to feel comfortable in her own skin, where you must be perfect to be beautiful.

 Add your own answers to the survey.

No comments:

Post a Comment