Time for the results from my SURVEY!
I asked readers "What is beauty?" and they replied:
- Its opening up your eyes wider, it's a feeling, an expression, self-objective perception, its physical, spiritual & emotional and it truly is everywhere.
- beauty is the lovely,good stuff inside yout mind and bobyI amproud of my,
- The Adult female naked body, there is nothing more sublime, then a naked women between the ages of 18 and 118
- Beauty is that something inside each person that makes us comfortable being us. And,It works fine until we begin to have our self belief challenged by the world around us.
- The positive feelings we get from experiencing (seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, or tasting) something that pleases us encompass beauty. Sometimes in expected places, sometimes unexpected, it is finding pleasure.
- Beauty is the ability to see yourself as a whole item: full to the brim with intelligence, self-worth, sexiness, femininity (or masculinity), poise, and all the sugar and spice that makes you feel nice. More specifically, beauty is whatever you make of it. Some people feel most beautiful when they are dressed up and glamourous, some feel most beautiful wearing men's clothing. And some people feel most beautiful with no clothing at all. Beauty is about inward reflection.
- It is something visual that makes me happy
- Mother breastfeeding her baby.
- How you feel
- Something that that is seen or felt from within ones own mind.
- The way you act or feel, I believe. The way you talk, the way you love... you've got a choice to be beautiful.
- Confidence,happiness and being at one with urself
- beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
- Personality first. Higher sense of compassion 2nd. 3rd would have to be a killer body.
- I think beauty is being confidant in yourself.
- It really depends. One definition is "healthy," but when you see a patient fighting to survive you can't say s/he is not beautiful.
- That warm fuzzy feeling you get when you look at something.
- That's a really good question. I think it's something that someone possesses. I feel like I either think someone is beautiful, or I don't. I definitely am not talking about looks alone, I mean the "whole package".
- Beauty only counts to the beholder, and it's something that makes you happy. That's why we see beauty in the eyes and looks of the people we love, no matter what they look like.
- Highly subjective yet very culturally ingrained as one ideal
- Beauty is what you perceive as being pleasurable to you . The quote "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" definitely says it all. It varies from person to person.
- I don't even know how to begin answering this.
If you want to contribute, click the link and make your voice heard.