Sunday, February 20, 2011

Survey Says... Day #2 (Updated!)

How do you feel about your body?:


  1. I feel sorry for it, i hate that it carries me through each & everyday & yet i struggle to find a day in which i truly appreciate all its wonder & glory. I have spent many years punishing it, mutilating & ridiculing it, a day in which i feel the slightest bit of contentment with my body is a great, great day, those are the days i carry it proud, care for it & most of all love it..But my challenge to fully accept my body in all its imperfections will be a long & chaotic one. This is what i fear most for my body. This is our relationship.
  2. I am proud of my body.I am strong for my size have born 3 very large babies to term.One csection,10lbs4oz,and two more vaginally with forcepts.9;ll,and10'2.Took forever for the csec scar to heal,and 28 years late it is quite visible,belly button to crotch.Took me along to to accept it.Oddly men never say anythink about it when we explore ourselves for the first time.lol
  3. i put my naked body on film the other day, i couldn't believe that was my body, i was very disalusioned.....the truth....i feel ugly
  4. I am constantly on the edge of mania,depression,and absolute fear; trying to find something to validate my inner sense of "beauty". Knowing that everything in our society is increasingly subjective to the temporary values and standards of a disposable society.
  5. Generally I am very pleased with my body- health, shape, color, texture, etc. The media and other people often make me feel more negatively or positively about different aspects of myslef, but sometimes it is my fault for comparing myself to others in the first place.
  6. It fluctuates every few years. When I first started college, it was the worse it had ever been, thanks to negative reinforcement from those around me. It was the first and last time I suffered from bulimia. Then I got help, found my beauty again through dance, and felt better than I ever did before. When I took the shots that I did for the Stripped Project, I felt the best I had in years. Now I'm somewhere in between. I look onto the photos of me with longing and envy. I keep trying to find that place again where I can look at myself in the mirror as a sensual, sexy human being.
  7. I dont know, hate it most of the time. Just wish no one had to ever see it so then I could just be me and love it.
  8. I hate it.
  9. Meh. Could lose some weight. Tone up. But it could be worse.
  10. comfortable
  11. My body is a subject that troubles me... I love it, I've been growing to love it more and understand that I'm not the only one who has a little extra.
  12. Hate it
  13. I am 6 months postpartum, and I feel that I would like to lose some weight.. I am beginning to accept my stretch marks and saggy breasts.
  14. Has it's flaws like everyone else, but on the surface, I look a hell of a lot better than 2 of my younger brothers. 5 Years younger.
  15. My feelings about my body yo-yo from one day to the next. Some days I feel great about it, and others I just feel so fat.
  16. I'm a middle-age man. I'm slim, but my body has some flaws, so sometimes I wish I had a "better version" of a body I guess.
  17. That depends on the day, but usually pretty okay. I do worry about my squishiness time to time, but I've gain 15 lbs and I still think I can fuck anyone.
  18. I'm kind of ambivalent. On the one hand, I am thin and I think I have a pretty face. On the other hand, I am kind of "bulgy" in some places and I feel like I have "problem areas". I am also kind of annoyed at my body, because it turns out I have autoimmune problems. So, I'm not too attached to it (figuratively speaking, of course). I really don't feel like it defines me but I think I'm very fortunate to be skinny, because it is much easier for me to get favors and positive attention than a bigger girl. I wish it were not that way, but I KNOW that there is a serious bias against big women in our culture. I feel lucky that I'm not on the "other side", but if I could get rid of that bias on my own I would do it in an instant.
  19. I would love for it to be healthier looking, i.e., more athletic, but it's not, so I am exploring ways to become more interested in it.
  20. Most days, I like my body. I've gained and lost weight in the last few months, and at one point I was the heaviest I'd ever been, but I got nothing but positive feedback about looking healthy. But then my anxiety got worse and I lost the weight again, and now I feel like I look spindly and not as pretty, plus I know I was healthier at the other weight. But I still feel weird about not "appreciating" my weight loss. It's complicated. But I have also been appreciating my body in a different way, recently, through yoga.
  21. I know how thin I am and that I'm pretty but I want to be thinner and prettier
  22. Most of the time I find my body beautiful. It's curvaceous and plump. I do not have a slim figure at all, I love how my body has character. At times I do find myself bummed that I cannot fit into the clothes that other slim people look so chic in but then again they will never look the way I do in the clothes that fit my shape so its a give and take. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and almost always proclaim "Damn, I am really fucking pretty"
  23. I feel that I am okay. I'm pretty, but not anything remarkable.

    Head over to the survey to contribute.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment